Advantages of ALLCOMB’s Lightweight Brick Honeycomb Panels
Brick has been used for centuries to provide a beautiful, classic look. However, laying the mortar and having to install in brick by brick can take a long time and be quite costly, especially in large scale applications. This is why ALLCOMB sought to create a way to provide the aesthetic appeal of brick in a lighter, easier to install product, resulting in our lightweight brick honeycomb panels (patent pending).
By taking our brick finish, combining it with the strength and flexibility of the honeycomb panel, we’ve created a lightweight brick honeycomb panel that provides a number of benefits, including:
- Color is resistant to fading, staining or being damaged by the sun/weather
- Impact resistant
- Lightweight, easy to install system requires no additional reinforcement of existing structure
- Waterproof so honeycomb panel won’t rust or corrode
- Fire and heatproof
- Suitable for use in any climate—even the most extremes
- Looks just like real brick
Benefits Over Traditional Brick
Compared to the time it takes to install normal brick, our lightweight brick honeycomb panels offer superior speed and convenience. Not only that, but they also can help reduce installation costs, while still providing increased strength and versatility. Other benefits over traditional brick include:
- 60 times greater impact strength than 3CM granite. The unique honeycomb backing improves strength and prevents the panels from breaking under even the most extreme conditions.
- Weigh 70% less than dimensional brick (4.7lbs/ft2 vs. 22lbs/ft2)
- Unique options for multiple returns and corners
- Panels are easier to handle and install. Fewer men required to install more panels in a shorter amount of time.
- Reduced weight makes them less expensive to transport and also require less raw material to produce.
- High resistance to humidity.
- Excellent thermal conductivity.
- High resistance to corrosion, non-combustible and are also excellent at sound absorption.
- Fully tested for acid freeze/thaw and seismic racking.
- Flexibility makes them number one choice for seismic areas.
- High flexural strength allows for larger panel sizes and high wind load capacities.
- Panels can help contribute to LEED/GREEN certifications.
Applications of Lightweight Brick Honeycomb Panels
ALLCOMB’s lightweight brick honeycomb panels can be used absolutely anywhere to achieve the stylish look of real brick. As the panels are less than 25mm thick and weigh only a fraction of solid bricks, they can be used to provide the same look in much less space. They are custom cut and can be used for exterior cladding, interior walls and many more.
Architects, designers and homeowners love them for the look they provide, while construction companies enjoy them for the simple, easy installation process. Not available anywhere else, contact ALLCOMB today to achieve the look you want for your next project.